Help Your Neighbors In Need - Many Volunteering Options at Bridging
- Organization: Bridging
- Causes: Civic
- Date(s): Volunteers are needed during normal business hours, M-SA
- Contact person: Wendy Erickson
- Phone: (651) 319-9295
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.bridging.org
Join the Bridging Volunteer Team!
We have many fun and meaningful opportunities to help Bridging acheive its goal of changing lives. We ask for a regular commitment of a day a week or a few days a month.
Bridging is an organization with a simple concept: take quality furniture and household goods that people no longer need and reuse them by distributing them to families in need. Bridging is the largest furniture bank program in the nation. This year, Bridging will serve over 13,000 individuals and distribute over $13 million (100,000 items) of free furniture and household goods.
We need you! Come in once a week or a couple of times a month… flexible and rewarding opportunities available. Individual volunteers assist during all hours of operation, Monday through Saturday. Volunteers must be 14 year or age or older (with or without an adult) and provide a minimum of 20 service hours over six months. Bridging is a great place for senior volunteers.
New volunteers attend a 30-minutes introduction tour prior to their first day of service to learn more about the needs, program and open opportunities. Select from a variety of departments and offer up your talents:
- Client Shopping-Renew dignity and hope as you take clients through our warehouse and help them select the furniture that they get to own.
- Warehouse Assistance and Building Maintenance - Keep our shelves stocked as you unload and move donated furniture and household goods throughout the warehouse.
- Administrative/Office Support - Be the face of Bridging as you answer phones, greet clients, aid clients in registration, and connect clients/donors to resources.
- Sorting Housewares - Prepare our goods for the shelves as you sort, size, and clean small household goods and stock them on our shelves.
- Electrical and Woodworking Shop - It's every handyman's dream as you perform minor repairs and test small electrical appliances, or perform minor repair and restoration of donated furniture.
- Transportation Team - Help the community give to us as you pick-up furniture and household goods from residential and corporate sites.
TAKE ACTION TODAY!
201 West 87th Street, Bloomington 55420
Direct phone: 952-888-0746
1633 Terrace Drive, Roseville 55113
Wendy EricksonDirect phone: 651-319-9295Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete a volunteer interest form at www.bridging.org