How important is Curb Appeal when selling my House?
Studies show that a buyer decides within the first 20 seconds if they like the house or they don’t…so curb appeal is very important. Remember most buyers today have looked at your online photos and have decided they want to see the house in person.
Just like in life, first impressions are important.
1. Make sure your mailbox is in good repair. It is often the first thing they see. Replace it if needed.
2. Have seasonal pots on the door step. This will add color and personality to the house.
3. Pressure wash the exterior of the house and garage doors.
4. Touch up paint and make siding repairs if necessary.
5. Think about having your windows professionally washed inside and out.
6. Outside lighting should match the exterior of your house. Think about adding additional lighting.
7. If you have a front porch, add a decorative chair & table, preferable wicker.
8. A new welcome mat is a must.
9. Make sure the front door looks clean and replace storm door if needed.
10. The door handle is important so replace it if it needs it, especially if it is brass.
11. If you have a basketball hoop attached to the exterior of your house, remove it.
12. Put away all toys, garden tools, hoses and clean up the yard.
All of these things are creating an impression before the buyer even walks through the door…make sure it’s a good one!
For additional Home Staging Tips visit: www.ExpertlyStaged.com.