Invite a friend
FIDDLER ON THE ROOF AUDITIONS!
Join Rosetown Playhouse Community Theater for our multigenerational summer musical at Como Pavilion!
Directed by Margot Olsen
Performances July 12, 13, 14 & 19, 20, 21 at Como Pavilion
****Save time at the audition . . . fill out your audition information ahead of time athttp://tinyurl.com/RTP-Fiddler-Audition-Form****
Please fill out the online form by 3pm the day you plan to audition. If you are not able to do this, we will have paper forms for you to fill out at the audition.
Monday, May 21 and Tuesday, May 22
Suggested audition times:
6:15-7:30 Families & Kids Under 12
7:30-9:00 Adults & Teenagers
Callbacks will be held on Wednesday, May 23 from 6:15-9:00. People will be invited to callbacks via e-mail on Tuesday night (unless you indicate a need for a phone call on your audition form). Callbacks will also be posted on this website by midnight on Tuesday. If you are called back, there is no need to prepare anything.
Youtube auditions are accepted if you cannot attend auditions. Send links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roseville Area Middle School (RAMS)
15 County Road B2 East
Little Canada, MN 55117
What Can I Expect in the Audition?
Here's how it will go . . .
- Arrive at Roseville Area Middle School and follow the signs!
- Check-in at the check in table. They will ask you to confirm some information if you filled it out online or fill it out there if you weren't able to do it online.
- Once your info is all squared away, you will be asked to audition with a group of 5-8 other people for the Director & Musical Director. You will do two things:
- sing a short song a capella. Please select a folk song or song from a musical (no pop songs, please). Pick a song that shows off your voice, range, and vocal ability.
- Share a one-minute answer to one of the questions below--when you answer them, imagine you are living in a small village in Russia in the early 1900s! This cannot be written out. Our goal here is to get a sense of your volume, animation as a storyteller, and showing emotion in your voice & body. Your choices are:
-Why did the fiddler fall off the roof?
-The matchmaker has just made a match for you--how do you feel?
-Describe a tradition you value and why.
- You will then go with the group to learn a small part of a dance with our choreographer and then dance it.
It's that easy! Please note that depending on the number of people present at any given time, there may be some waiting time.
More information can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/rtpfiddler/audition-information
|Where||Roseville Area Middle School 15 County Road B2 E, Saint Paul, MN 55117|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:15 pm–9:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
More About Roseville Area Middle School
Formerly Kellogg High School, Roseville Area Middle School was built in 1963. It has an enrollment of 795 students in grades 7 and 8. Its academic departments include science, health, computer science, music and gifted and talented.