A number of local businesses are saluting veterans, military service men and women, and their families this Veterans Day by offering local discounts, specials and promotions. Here's a guide to specials in the Roseville area:
Two important notes:
- Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, a photograph in uniform, you in uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
- Always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies. We will do our best to keep this page updated as we find new info.
- Applebee’s—free meal, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012: Last year, Applebee’s served more than 1 million free meals to military veterans and active servicemembers. Applebee’s is again offering a free meal to military veterans and active-duty service members on Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. In Roseville, Applebee's is located at 1893 Highway 36 W. There will be seven entrées to choose from, beverage and gratuity not included. Military ID or proof of service required.
- Chili’s—free meal, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012: In Roseville, Chili’s is located at 1840 County Road B2 W. It is offering all military veterans past and present their choice of one of seven meals. This offer is available from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on November 11, 2012 at participating Chili’s in the U.S. only. Dine-in from limited menu only; beverages and gratuity not included. Veterans and active duty military simply show proof of military service. Visit their website to find locations.
- Denny’s—free pancakes, Monday, Nov. 12 2012: Free all-you-can-eat pancakes from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12 for all active, retirees, and veterans with a valid military ID or proof of military service. Offer available in every Denny’s nationwide.
- Outback Steakhouse—free Bloomin’ Onions and Cokes until Nov. 11, 2012: Outback Steakhouse is honoring America’s military veterans by offering active duty military and veterans a free Bloomin’ Onion and a Coca-Cola product during the week leading up to Veteran’s Day. This offer is available to Military Personnel with ID. In Roseville, Outback Steakhouse is located at 2181 Snelling Ave. N.
- The Olive Garden—free entrée, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012: Offer good for veterans and active duty military, on Sunday, November 11 during regular business hours. Chose from a special menu; all entrées inlcude freshly baked garlic sticks and choice of soup or salad. Offer good in US and Canada, proof of service required. In Roseville, Olive Garden is located at 1525 County Road C W.
- Keys Cafe and Bakery. The popular breakfast and lunch spot is offering a 50 percent on meals for veterans, who present proper military ID. The offer is being extended on Monday.
- Home Depot Military Discount: The Home Depot(R) is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veterans Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10% military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays.
- Lowe’s Military Discount: Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 7 – Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays. You can also find exclusive discounts at Lowe’s.com.
- Old Navy: Every Monday, including November 12, active and veteran military personnel with ID cards are granted 10 percent off their purchases. In Roseville, Old Navy is located at 2480 Fairview Ave. N.