Editor's Note: The city of Roseville, in its latest weekly news update, provided the following information on absentee voting:
Absentee voting for the general election begins Friday (Sept. 21). Voters in Roseville may vote by absentee ballot if they meet certain criteria. To vote absentee, a voter must:
- Be absent from your precinct on election day;
- Have an illness or disability;
- Be serving as an election judge in another precinct; or
- Be observing a religious holiday; or
- An eligible emergency is declared by the state or federal government.
Voters can vote by absentee ballot, either in person or through the mail. Log on to www.co.ramsey.mn.us/elections/Absentee_Ballot_Applications.htm to get an application or call 651-266-2171 and one will be sent to you.
Complete the application and mail to Ramsey County Elections, P.O. Box 64098, St. Paul, MN 55164-0098 at least one week before the election on November 6. The County will mail a ballot upon receipt of the signed application.
If you want to cast your absentee ballot in person, you can vote at Ramsey County, 90 West Plato Blvd, St. Paul.
A person may register to vote, complete the absentee ballot application, and vote all at the same time.
Hours for absentee balloting are:
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 3, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 5, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Roseville residents will also be able to vote by absentee ballot at Roseville City Hall from Oct. 29 to Nov. 5.