At a forum sponsored by the Minnesota League of Women Voters, Roseville council candidates spoke openly about their views on the Wal-Mart store in particular and retail development in general.
9. Roseville City Council Takes a Stand on Marriage Amendment
The council voted unanimously to oppose the proposed constitutional amendment that would have defined marriage as only between a man and a woman.
8. Roseville's Pust Loses DFL Endorsement for House District 42B
Council member Tammy Pust was unsuccessful in her bid for higher office.
7. A Good Decision for Pour Decisions: Roseville Council Approves Taproom License
The council created a special taproom category in its liquor license ordinance to help Roseville’s first brewery.
6. Pour Decisions: Roseville's Liquor License Fee Too High to Open Taproom
The liquor license fee was initially too high for the Roseville brewery. The Roseville Council later lowered the rate for taprooms.
5. Why is New Roseville Fire Station On Hold?
A citizens' lawsuit challenged the fire station project, saying it should go to a voter referendum. The courts eventually dismissed the lawsuit and the project went forward.
4. Jason Etten Refutes Attack Flyer
The city council candidate said that a flyer contending that “Roseville Can't Afford Jason Etten,” was “dishonest” and “misleading.”
3. Local Roseville Patch Election Results 2012
On election night, Patch kept up-to-the-minute election results as Jason Etten and Lisa Laliberte won spots on the Roseville Council.
2. Striking Down a Roseville Ordinance; Why Did The Judge Do It?
Looking at why a judge struck down a Roseville city ordinance that would impose an "impact fee" on various Twin Lakes property owners seeking to develop their property in the future.
1. Top Four Finishers Advance in Roseville City Council Primary Vote
Our post after the Roseville Council primary was the most read council story of the year.